ALTO DO JOA Branco is a tanning wine (Orange Wine), singular and unique, typically reserve, offering a more austere and complex aroma that proves to be dry, fresh and persistent, with a very present acidity so it should be drunk among 10ºc and 12ºc, positioning it as a guard wine with excellent evolution in bottle, as well as a gastronomic wine, accompanying very spicy and singular meals such as cheese, kid, suckling pig, cabidela rice, among others.
Joa Wine is not only made from centuries-old vineyards with more than twenty different grape varieties. It is the harsh winters and the merciless sun of the Alto Transmontano that, without giving a break to the land, compel it to free from shale the best they have to offer our grapes.
From the grapes to the only wine produced in this region, there is a distance between tradition and innovation. Between the knowledge of generations and the best oenological practices of the last generation.
Between the future and the memory preserved in the people of Aldeia de Parada: heart, cradle and soul of Casa do Joa.
It is for all these reasons that a JOA wine is much more than a wine. It is a living memory of this land and a genuine declaration of our Love on Alto.
- Centennial free-standing vineyards at an altitude of 800m above shale soil and large thermal amplitudes during the maturation phase
- Selection of about 15 different grape varieties
- Smooth grape crushing process
- Full tanning in 500L French oak barrels for 4 weeks
- 19 months aging in used French oak barrels