JOA Wine is not only made from centuries-old vineyards with more than twenty different grape varieties. It is the harsh winters and the merciless sun of the Alto Transmontano that, without giving a break to the land, compel it to free from shale the best they have to offer our grapes. From the grapes to the only wine produced in this region, there is a distance between tradition and innovation. Between the knowledge of generations and the best oenological practices of the last generation. Between the future and the memory preserved in the people of Aldeia de Parada: heart, cradle and soul of Casa do Joa. It is for all these reasons that a JOA wine is much more than a wine. It is a living memory of this land and a genuine declaration of our Love on Alto.
- Centennial free-standing vineyards at an altitude of 800m above shale soil and large thermal amplitudes during the maturation phase
- Selection of about 20 different grape varieties
- Smooth grape crushing process
- Pre-maceration and skin maceration
- Spontaneous fermentation using indigenous yeasts
- Fermentation in 1000 liters wine presses with foot treading
- 28 months aging in used French oak barrels
ALTO DO JOA is a red wine of altitude, typically reserve, authentic and unique, respecting its Terroir, offering a complex aroma and an attractive bouquet.
The flavor that is revealed is dry, smooth, fresh and persistent, with a very present acidity, positioning it as a guard wine with excellent evolution in bottle, as well as a gastronomic wine, accompanying very well charcuterie, sardines, kid and others spicy meals.
Should be consumed between 14ºC and 16ºC
It is an original wine giving a tasting experience very different from the normal wines on the market